What kinds of food do young children like to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in your culture? What about snacks?
Listen and Answer
Listen to the conversation and answer the questions.
1. Where is the man going?
2. How long will it take to get to his destination?
3. What time does the place in Question 1 close?
4. Where is the man going later downtown?
5. How much will the fare be for the taxi ride, not including a tip?
1. to a museum
2. under fifteen minutes
3. at 6:00 PM
4. to a restaurant
5. between fifteen and twenty dollars
Be sure to show your appreciation by giving taxi drivers a tip. That is an important part of their income.
Imagine that you want to travel from your house or apartment to the nearest airport (or other destination of your choosing). How much would it cost to hire a taxi or take shuttle or other forms of transport to make the trip? Compare the advantages and disadvantages of all these modes of transport with each other? What is your personal recommendation for using each?