What kinds of food do young children like to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in your culture? What about snacks?
Listen and Answer
Listen to the conversation and answer the questions.
1. How much does the father owe his son in allowance?
2. Why hasn’t the father given his son allowance?
3. When does the father usually give his son money?
4. Where does the man get money to pay his son?
5. Choose one thing the boy does NOT mention about how he will spend his money.
1. thirteen dollars
2. because he didn`t remember to do it
3. on Saturday
4. in his bedroom
5. He will buy some toys.
Many people believe that children need to be taught the value of work. Thus, instead of just giving children allowance, consider tying their allowance to their doing chores around the house. No work, no pay.
Some parents require their children to earn allowance by doing work in and around the house? Other give money to their children without requiring any work from them. Which one is the best? Explain why? What other ways you can suggest children at different ages earn money? What other ways you can suggest parents give allowance within reason? How much should be allowance money? How and on what it should be spent?