Which factor is most crucial when looking for a new job? Rank the following points in terms of importance and then discuss your reasons:
Opportunities for promotion or advancement, working hours, vacation days, pension plan, interest level, salary, benefits such as health and life insurance, sick or maternity leave
Listen and Answer
Listen to the conversation and answer the questions.
1. In which field is the man looking for a job?
2. Which statement best describes the pay for the job?
3. What are some of the benefits that the company provides?
4. What does the future hold for the industry that he is considering?
5. From the conversation, what do we know about the man’s educational background?
- 1. technology
- 2. Employees can receive periodic pay increases based on their work.
- 3. paid vacation, opportunities for promotion, and insurance
- 4. growing, yet uncertain
- 5. He has some post-secondary education.
If you really want to impress interviewers, be prepared to ask your own questions about the company, its policies, and employee satisfaction. In this way, the company will see that you are a serious candidate for the position.
Use the Internet to see how you have to write your resume, then write and bring it to the class and teach others how to create one of their own. Again find out what should and should not be done during a job interview?
Use the following links: