Immigration and Customs
Finding discount plane tickets and cheap tours is only the first step to traveling abroad. Once you arrive at your destination, what things would you expect to do when passing through immigration and customs in a foreign country?
Listen and Answer
Listen to the conversation and answer the questions.
1. What is the purpose of the woman’s visit?
2. Where will the woman stay during her trip?
3. About how long will the woman be in the country?
4. What things are in the woman’s luggage?
5. What other piece of information do we learn about the woman?
1. business and pleasure
2. at a hotel
3. more than four days
4. CD player, clothing, and books
5. She was born in that country.
Nowadays, global travel is commonplace for pleasure or business; however, be sure to check with your airline about items that you shouldn’t carry in your luggage. Otherwise, you might have to give them up.
Many airlines have rules or restrictions on the size of luggage or bags you can take on the plane. Use the Internet to search for the rules of different airlines, then compare.
Use the following links: